Poll: Which would you prefer?
Realistic mode?
Relaxed Realism (standard) mode?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Realism mode?
Question Realism mode? 02-08-2012, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 03:38 PM by GrimReality.)
How would you guys like to switch the server to Realistic mode? It's currently set to Relaxed Realism (Standard) mode.

What is Realistic mode? The majority of the differences are found in the lack of HUD elements and indicators, but if you've played the game for a while now you probably don't need much if any of that stuff anyway. One thing I do think most people will miss this the minimap "compass" in the right bottom corner of your HUD. We can leave the minimap on, and enable all other Realism mode settings, but it will not count our server on the game's Server Browser as a "Realism" server. So it's kinda an all or nothing deal.

It does NOT make weapons more powerful or lethal, nor does it affect bandaging or bleeding.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Realism mode? 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I vote try it as a traffic experiment. We know the maps on our server anyways

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Find all posts by this user
RE: Realism mode? 02-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I would say go full realism, and even top difficulty level on the bots.

Sure, that would make them pull off frustrating shots a bit more, but it's good practise for when we get the house full of experienced human tactical realism players that no doubt will come flock to us on account of the server going to full realism. Tongue

Seriously, I'm for it!
RE: Realism mode? 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM
I do like the HUD for identifying the exact capture areas, but we could try going full realism & see what happens.

Speaking of changes, I still say we need to add the Red October Fact & Station maps to the server. So what if they're kind of big. We still learn them, which are similar to smaller versions. That way we can run any map for scrims without being flatfooted, like last night.

[Image: wgwraithsig5gv.jpg]
RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 01:09 AM by -=THOR=-.)
I say we go full realism, and rename the server: "DeathB4Dishonor - Tactical Realism - Level 4 Bots - TE/FF"

The difference is not "huge" anyway... and the change will probably bring more people in.

Concerning big maps, we can only play them when we have sufficient numbers, or they prevent numbers from growing. This mutator http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/sh...hp?t=75185 should allow us to have a more dynamic maps list once it is white-listed by TWI.
RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 01:58 AM
(02-09-2012 12:28 AM)-=THOR=- Wrote:  Concerning big maps, we can only play them when we have sufficient numbers, or they prevent numbers from growing. This mutator http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/sh...hp?t=75185 should allow us to have a more dynamic maps list once it is white-listed by TWI.

I'm still not quite sure what you mean by "we can only play them when we have sufficient numbers, or they prevent numbers from growing". We have bots, so there's plenty to shoot at. How are they preventing numbers from growing?

RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 02:18 AM
(02-09-2012 12:28 AM)-=THOR=- Wrote:  I say we go full realism, and rename the server: "DeathB4Dishonor - Tactical Realism - Level 4 Bots - TE/FF"

The difference is not "huge" anyway... and the change will probably bring more people in.

+1 from me! I think this will generate some more serious players, now that most of the bot-hunters that normally visit the server, have all ranked up and are looking for more realistic play.

(02-09-2012 01:58 AM)wraith Wrote:  We have bots, so there's plenty to shoot at. How are they preventing numbers from growing?

Well I shared that opinion, that the bots should suffice, but we briefly had it in rotation and the few times I played it I had noticed that even with the 24 bots, there's not that much action. After all, that's just 12 enemy soldiers that you can shoot at, on that whole map. And that map really screams 48-64 players, in it's full size.

Station is fine though, in my opinion, and is in fact, in rotation at the moment. in the last block of TE maps, before Fallen Fighters, iirc.

So apart from Red October and Gumrak, we have the rest in rotation.
RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 02:18 AM by -=THOR=-.)
Factory was removed from the rotation a few months ago because it cleared numbers out. We can't add more bots than we have now for performance reasons. IMO, even if we could, playing in an ocean of bots is not an interesting gaming experience.
RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 06:00 AM
OK. I think we should keep the |DD| part so people can find us easier: "|DD|Tactical Realism - Level 4 Bots - TE/FF" or "|DD|DeathB4Dishonor - Tactical Realism - Level 4 Bots - TE/FF" if it fits.

Level 4 Bots, huh. Get ready for massive bash frustration! May I suggest maybe Level 3?

RE: Realism mode? 02-09-2012, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 07:48 AM by -=THOR=-.)
There was a problem with |DD|, that's why we have DD| at this moment. Don't remember exactly what it was, but it might be that some people had difficulty joining on someone else because of the first bar |, that's why it has been removed... DD| looks like we did a mistake. So we can't put |DD| first, but putting it later looks weird... We could give it a try and test it well, TWI might have fixed the issue. If not, it's easy to remove |DD|.

|DD|DeathB4Dishonor - Tactical Realism - Vet Bots - TE/FF

(02-09-2012 06:00 AM)wraith Wrote:  Level 4 Bots, huh. Get ready for massive bash frustration! May I suggest maybe Level 3?

I have no objection for Level 3. Level 3 is Vet. We can always try Level 4 later on.