Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Build
New Build 05-13-2015, 09:23 AM
I decided it was time...my i7 PC is still pretty strong, but I was beginning to have issues, mostly with starting up. I had to hit the reset button almost every boot.
So, I decided to go back to AMD for this rebuild. My intent was to keep it under a grand, using my HDs and video card from my old PC.

I am running an AMD FX9590 CPU with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 mobo, Corsair H100i liquid cooling, 32 gigs of GSkill ram and an Nvidia GTX770 card on 3 matching Acer 23" monitors, 1 Samsung 240 gig SSD, and 3 other HDs, 1000 watt EVGA PSU in a Cooler Master HAF XB evo LAN box equipped with an extra 120 mm fan, 2-80 mm fans and a big 200 mm fan on top.

It is surprisingly quiet, considering the fact that there are a total of 11 fans running.

The most AMAZING part of this build though, is the fact that I threw in my SSD with my OS on it, AND IT RAN without having to do a clean install! I lost nothing off of my drives. I only had to re-activate Windows, a phone call and 4 minutes time.

I think it is the Windows 8.1 install that recognized the new components and adapted to them----I have NEVER had a build not need a clean install before!
I think it might boot up a bit quicker on a clean install, but I would rather wait a moment or 2 than have to re-install a bunch of files, and lose emails, contacts, etc.

Plays games beautifully. It is too bad that most of what I do will never even warm up the 8 cores on the CPU, but it is nice to know I have them!

My final cost is closer 1100, and it took a few months to get all the money together but hey, it should hold up for a few good years!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: New Build 05-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Bery nice rig there, OBM, makes me a wee bit jealous, but only in a good way haha.. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply