Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MC: Project Medieval City
MC: Project Medieval City 02-18-2015, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 01:38 AM by Mad_Fred.)
Hi all,

Anyone who is interested, I am currently building a big medieval city on top of one of those steppe plateaus.

There's going to be a huge defensive wall around the entire place and will be all mob free, of course, eventually.

The wall is 3/4 done now, roughly, and there is a heck of a lot of landscaping to do to make everything level and terraced to then lay out the buildings of the city.

We're gonna have a church, a city hall, a market place, lotsa community buildings and of course many many houses, and some farming around the edges and such things, and a palace somewhere in there too.

Then, I aim to have some 'adventures' in there. Puzzle adventures where you have to hunt for clues and treasures throughout the city and it's dungeons, or 'dungeons and dragons' like adventures underneath the city streets in deep dungeons and caves, where I play 'dungeon master' and unleash mobs and traps onto the adventurers. It's a long way off at the moment, but it might interest some of you.

So since it's so much work, anyone who has experience building in medieval style and wishes to help, or just wants to help with the massive job of getting the grounds ready for building and laying out the city, is welcome to come help me.

It's currently an admin claimed area, so I am not sure if all those permissions work for non opped players, we'll have to figure that out, but anyone that's already opped can help out if they want.

Or if you just wanna come have a look at what the idea is, just drop me a message or find me in the server.

Fred.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: MC: Project Medieval City 03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
I am not sure what all counts as medival building knowledge, but I am an D&D enthusiasts and would love to help in anyway that I possibly could with this project. My time is limited, #RL, but I am willing to help or contribute in any way possible. My daughter is also a big Minecraft player like myself and both of us would love to get in on this. Just contact me with the deets when you are able.
RE: MC: Project Medieval City 03-24-2015, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 01:51 AM by Mad_Fred.)
Sounds like a plan, glad to hear all that!!! If you have steam, feel free to add me - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026924142/ - then I can more easily explain some of the things, I reckon.. well other than on TS of course.

But I'm in a Dutch time schedule right now and not on late at night when it's gaming time on that side of the ocean so we'll have to see when we can hook up. But I'll show you the place in the game soon! Limited time here as well these few weeks just now. Smile

The entire wall around the plateau is finished (phew that was a big job) now and all the terrain inside is flat (a job that was even bigger heh). I'd show you a picture, but it won't capture more than a quarter of the area all at once, if that.. Tongue

So it's ready to be populated with all sorts of medieval/fantasy style buildings. Big Grin

Fred.