Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Verdun
Verdun 02-24-2014, 08:44 AM
WW1 Indie game in Beta, I gave it try. So far I have played only rifle deathmatch, pretty fun. There is another mode frontlines which I think is like RO and it uses squads of 4. If anyone gets this we can try squad mode. The game isn't fully optimized, but it plays ok. Worth the money if you ask me. I thinks its like 16.99 US.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Verdun 02-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Heya Mic, how's it going out there man?!

I've always had a 'thing' for WWI stuff, and this one's been on my wishlist for a while. Last time I read up on it, they still had many bugs and odd things happening, too much to already jump on it.

Haven't looked at it lately, and I have not got much time to play here at the moment, as I just got a new puppy in the house and she's a handful and then some.. plus it means I have to stick to a normal dutch time schedule for her, I can't be up all night like I used to. When she's a little older, I should be around for gaming at Northern American times again as well.

But eventually, yeah I will indeed get this game, cause it looks very promising and I am interested in that era.

Fred.
RE: Verdun 03-01-2014, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 07:12 AM by OlBlindMan.)
I looked at that one a while back.......waiting to see how it shapes up. I, too, have an interest in WW1, but mostly the air war, hence my love of Rise of Flight, and Wings over Flanders Fields.
RE: Verdun 06-23-2014, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 04:18 AM by OlBlindMan.)
Quick update....both Fred and I own this game now...it is pretty good...for a beta. Quite good really. When this one is finished, it will be every bit as good or better...than RO/RS
RE: Verdun 06-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Agreed, at first it was a little clunky and there were lots of problems and bugs, but the current state is very nice, completely enjoyable and even though there are still many points that need to be improved, I dare say it's much better than where RO2 was when it was in beta, heck even better than ro2 was during most of it's early life.

I hope this small team can keep this progress going, cause indeed if they finish this properly, it will be better than ro2. If it's more enjoyable, that'd be a matter of taste though, not everyone might be into this WWI stuff, but I reckon we can have a lot of fun with this, specially if you like rifles and dont like run and gun tactics with machineguns.
RE: Verdun 06-25-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 11:33 PM by Dirtymic.)
Yeah I'll try and play, we almost got enough to run our own squad. I just got back from vacation and unfortunately my room is being completely remodeled, so I won't have my PC for another week or so. I saw it was recently on sale, check Steam it may still be 50% off

RE: Verdun 07-29-2014, 05:57 AM
This game is wild with 3 monitors...one actually feels like one is running through the trenches! Now, if only I could play worth a plug nickle........
RE: Verdun 07-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Ugghh.... My house in disarray , my PC is in storage still, I swear I want to play and did not disappear

RE: Verdun 07-31-2014, 08:25 AM
wow....I think I would go nuts if I didn't have a PC working...I can't sleep when mine is not working right, let alone totally down!

I go in and out of Verdun almost every afternoon and early eve......usually I am not on long...get my butt handed to me 10 or 12 times, and I get a bit discouraged. Every now and again, I get into it well enough to not totally suck. I like it.
RE: Verdun 08-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I've been playing some Verdun again the past few days as well..

It's running much smoother for me now, and a few annoying bugs have been solved, it's shaping up to be quite an enjoyable shooter indeed.

But I did notice that it takes an awful lot more bullets to kill some folks compared to others though, and compared to before.. 3 or 4 hits to take someone down is not quite normal compared to how it was before, where one headshot was always fatal and one torso shot, two max, was also pretty much always fatal. Now I am putting 4 rounds in a guy to take him down, a lot of the time..

I don't know what that is about, but oddly enough, most of the times when I myself get shot with a non-headshot hit, it does kill me with one bullet.. Have you noticed anything like that too, OBM?

Maybe this game has now also been invaded by those who haven't got the balls to play fair... I don't know.. Tongue

But apart from that somewhat frustrating issue, it's coming along nicely, I wish we had more folks here playing it so we could seriously team up and have some fun with it!